Friday, February 13, 2009

Have You Practiced Popping Your Eyebrow?

Just a reminder that the premiere of the 14th season of The Amazing Race will begin this Sunday night at 8:00 Eastern. Unfortunately, unlike Survivor, TAR continues to be shot in the usual low definition stuff rather than Hi-Def.

(I forgot to mention the HD images from Survivor last night: the show looks incredible this way. I'm so glad I upgraded my service. And my TV. And the cables. I even called BGE to ensure that they were sending me high-definition electricity for the LCD television set. They hung up on me. I know!)

Word is that we'll be watching eleven teams of two people, as usual, making their way in a racearoundtheworld (drink if Phil says it all as one word). The teams are the usual grab bag: a couple of hot chick pals who "aren't afraid to use their looks to get ahead", an intergenerational team--two of them, actually--siblings, and of course the Couple That's Using the Race to Determine Whether They're Going to Stay Together. Hey! I don't see the gay couple, or the long-distance daters!

We're also going to see nine countries, including Romania for the first time and Switzerland, India (naturally--can't have TAR without an India leg that includes some contestant getting her ass grabbed on the train), the People's Republic of China, Thailand and Russia (Krasnoyarsk and Novosibirsk), before wrapping up in Hawaii. Bertram van Munster says that this is one of the more intense races that they've had to run, what with the extreme climates and less time spent in the airports. I guess they'll just have to do their bunching somewhere else, like at gates waiting for places to open up in the morning.

I'm going to be in New York City this weekend but I should be able to get the recap up later on Sunday night.

No comments: